Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program – Latest Round Open
The Queensland Government have just released the latest round of the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program. Get in quick as applications close 13 December 2018.
What is the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program?
This program provides eligible small businesses access to business advisors to assist them with planning, coaching and training to help businesses get a better start. It will provide matched funding of up to $5,000 to access professional advice and support to help establish or develop the business.
What will it fund?
The program will fund eligible businesses to participate in training and obtain advice or services in relation to one of the following:
- Business mentoring/coaching;
- Business and strategic planning;
- Professional business advice (ie financial, legal or information technology); or
- Marketing strategy development (ie branding strategies, social media/digital strategies, market research).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- Be a Queensland based business with an active ABN that has registered a business name within the last four years;
- Have less than 20 employees;
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are undischarged bankrupt; and
- Have not previously received funding under prior rounds of this Grant.
How do you apply?
Your application must include:
- A detailed proposal and quote from your nominated Business Advisor for services to be delivered in up to three months following successful notification;
- A clear outline of how the advice will support the development of your business;
- Details of how the training, advice or services will build your business skills and abilities;
- The potential outcomes for your business; and
- Confirmation of your matched financial contribution.
This remains a competitive grant with applications prioritised in terms of how well your proposal can support and enhance your business skills and therefore assist you to develop your small business. This means, the better your application, the better your chances of success.
To assist you to take advantage of the opportunity to work on your business and not just in it, please don’t hesitate to contact Dianne Brown of SRJ Walker Wayland on 07 3490 9988.