Grants available for small businesses operating up to 4 years!
Breaking News – the Queensland Government have just released the latest round of the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program. Get in quick as applications close 6 June 2018.
What is the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program?
This program provides eligible small businesses access to business advisors to assist them with planning, coaching and training to help businesses get a better start. It will provide matched funding of up to $5,000 to engage a business advisor to help establish or develop the business.
What will it fund?
The program will fund eligible businesses to participate in training and obtain advice or services in relation to one of the following:
- Business mentoring/coaching
- Business and strategic planning
- Professional business advice in relation to financial issues and reporting, information technology, financial or legal aspects of your business
- Marketing strategy development including development of branding strategies, social media/digital strategies and market research
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this grant you must :
- Have registered a business name within the last four years
- Have less than 20 employees
- Have an active Australian Business Number
- Be based in Queensland
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are undischarged bankrupt
- Have not previously received funding under prior rounds of this Grant
How do you apply?
Your application must include :
- A detailed proposal and quote from your nominated Business Advisor for services to be delivered in the following three month period
- A clear outline of how the advice will support the development of your business
- Details of how the training, advice or services will build your business skills and abilities
- The potential outcomes for your business
- Confirmation of your matched financial contribution
This remains a competitive grant with applications prioritised in terms of how well your proposal can support and enhance your business skills and therefore assist you to develop your small business. This means, the better your application, the better your chances of success.
To assist you to take advantage of the opportunity to work on your business and not just in it, please don’t hesitate to contact Dianne Brown of SRJ Walker Wayland on 07 3490 9988.