LOOKING FOR THE BEST ACCOUNTING CADETSHIP BRISBANE HAS TO OFFER? OUR CADETSHIPS ARE THE PERFECT START TO YOUR ACCOUNTING CAREER.
The SRJ Walker Wayland Cadetship Program provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience whilst completing university studies. It is this combination of work and study that puts our cadets at the forefront of their careers within the accounting profession.
Due to our location in the northern suburbs of Brisbane, SRJ Walker Wayland can offer students from in and around the area the opportunity to develop their career and attend university while still working close to home.
What is an accounting cadetship and who is eligible?
A cadetship offers the opportunity to undertake a Commerce, Business or dual degree while gaining valuable work experience. It is not necessary to have undertaken an Accounting subject or to be completing an Accounting major.
The SRJ Walker Wayland cadetship program is ideally available for year 12 students and first-year university students who are Australian Citizens or permanent residents of Australia to apply.
Year 12 students will be enrolling (and subsequently accepted) at a recognised university for 2020 into a Business, Commerce or dual degree. Enrolment of the individual for the course of tertiary study will be on a part-time basis.
University students will be enrolled into a Business, Commerce or dual degree on either a full time or part time basis. Where enrolled full time it is expected for enrolment to change to part-time, with a maximum of 2 subjects per semester upon commencement of a cadetship.
SRJ Walker Wayland reserves the right to withdraw the offer of employment if the above requirements are not met.
How are our Brisbane accounting cadetships structured?
The cadetship program is initially structured as a combination of part-time work and part-time study, with our Cadets working 4 days or thirty hours per week.
This opportunity to combine work and study allows our cadets to gain substantial experience while studying and learning, to enable you to work effectively and efficiently in a professional office.
Our expectation for cadets is that you will:
- Have or be developing strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be honest, dedicated to work and study, organised and enthusiastic.
- Have a consistent academic record and work to maintain good academic standards.
We will engage with our cadets to develop a full understanding of where SRJ Walker Wayland is headed, seek your involvement in this and ensure you know how we operate. We anticipate all team members playing an important part in contributing to the vision for SRJ Walker Wayland going forward.
How are our cadets paid?
Cadets are employed as permanent members of our team who generally work a little less than a full-time working week, allowing them time to attend university lectures and have additional time for study. As employees, cadets are paid for the hours worked and accrue all normal entitlements.
What support do we provide?
To assist in your career development SRJ Walker Wayland provides the following support for our cadets:
- Comprehensive induction and training program upon commencement
- Peer assistance with training, mentoring and cadet support
- Mentoring and support from Senior Accountants, Managers and Directors
- In-house technical and soft skills training
- Paid study leave (one day study leave per subject per semester including day of exam), with a maximum of four days study leave per calendar year
- Monthly textbook and technology allowance for the duration of the cadetship (i.e. until graduated from university)
- Flexibility to adjust work days when required to facilitate attendance at university lectures and tutorials in contributing to the vision for SRJ Walker Wayland going forward.
ENQUIRE ABOUT OUR ACCOUNTING CADETSHIPS IN BRISBANE:
If you are looking for the most supportive accounting cadetship Brisbane has to offer, we’d love to hear from you. Expressions of interest in our cadetship program can be submitted to email@example.com.