We are accepting applications for 2018
The SRJ Walker Wayland Cadetship Program provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience whilst completing university studies. It is this combination of work and study that puts our cadets at the forefront of their careers within the accounting profession.
Due to our location in the northern suburbs of Brisbane, SRJ Walker Wayland can offer students from in and around the area the opportunity to develop their career and attend university while still working close to home.
What is a cadetship and who is eligible?
A cadetship offers the opportunity to undertake a Commerce, Economics or Business degree majoring in Accounting while gaining valuable work experience.
The SRJ Walker Wayland cadetship program is ideally available for year 12 students and first year university students who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia to apply.
Year 12 students will be enrolling (and subsequently accepted) at a recognised university for 2018 into an Accounting, Business or Commerce degree with an accounting major. Enrolment of the individual for the course of tertiary study will be on a part-time basis.
University students will be enrolled into an Accounting, Business or Commerce degree with an accounting major, in either a full time or part time basis. Where enrolled full time it is expected for enrolment to change to part-time, with a maximum of 2 subjects per semester upon commencement of a cadetship.
SRJ Walker Wayland reserves the right to withdraw the offer of employment if the above requirements are not met.
How are our cadetships structured?
The cadetship program is initially structured as a combination of part-time work and part-time study. Cadets will work 4 days or thirty hours per week for at least the first twelve months of employment.
This opportunity to combine work and study allows our cadets to gain substantial experience while studying and learning, to enable you to work effectively and efficiently in a professional office.
Our expectation for cadets is that you will:
- Have or be developing strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be honest, dedicated to work and study, organised and enthusiastic
- Have a consistent academic record and work to maintain good academic standards
We will engage with our cadets to develop a full understanding on where SRJ Walker Wayland is headed, seek your involvement in this and ensure you know how we operate. We anticipate all team members playing an important part in contributing to the vision for SRJ Walker Wayland going forward.
How are our cadets paid?
Cadets are employed as permanent members of our team who generally work a little less than a full-time working week, allowing them time to attend university lectures and have additional time for study. As employees, cadets are paid for the hours worked and accrue all normal entitlements.
What support do we provide?
To assist in your career development SRJ Walker Wayland provides the following support for our cadets:
- Comprehensive induction and training program upon commencement
- Peer assistance with training, mentoring and cadet support
- Mentoring and support from Senior Accountants, Managers and Directors
- In-house technical and soft skills training
- Paid study leave (one day study leave per subject per semester including day of exam), with a maximum of four days study leave per calendar year
- Monthly textbook and technology allowance for the duration of the cadetship (i.e. until graduated from university)
- Flexibility to adjust work days when required to facilitate attendance at university lectures and tutorials in contributing to the vision for SRJ Walker Wayland going forward.
You are invited to our Cadetship Info Night
Students and their parents/carers are invited to our Cadetship Information Session.
Date: Wednesday 11 October 2017
Venue: SRJ Walker Wayland Brendale office, Unit 3, 27 South Pine Road, Brendale
Register: Please register your attendance with Andrea Roberts: (07) 3490 9931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application